Meet a local vintner and learn about Sciacchetrà, the most famous sweet wine of Cinque Terre.
• This tour leads through an area called "Terra di Bargon", which is behind Riomaggiore, the last town in Cinque Terre. This area is very famous for growing Sciacchetrà one of the most important wine produced in Cinque Terre.
• (if available) you will meet one of the best wine makers in the area and learn first hand about the skill and passion that has been handed down for generations. We will walk through the vineyard and learn how labor intensive it is to make this wine. It is all done by hand and some years have a very small harvest.
• The trek continues up to the Santuario di Nostra Signora di Montenero. Breath-taking views of the Ligurian Sea and all five villages of Cinque Terre (plus two smaller villages) reward trekkers for their climb.
• The descent down to the sea is in front of the Santuario, on a path with many stairs and a steep grade. On our way down to Riomaggiore, hikers will experience the very best views of the village--from the town cemetery, which faces the sea.
• We will leave the vineyard and walk back down into Riomaggiore where we will go to his cantina, which is 500 years old and sits in the central part of the village. You will see the process and the bottles which he has produced. For the final part of the tour, we will do a tasting with the vintner.