The new season has begun. The new train schedules are out effective April 1, 2017. You can find printed schedules at all Cinque Terre Train stations and information booths.
Download Cinque Terre train schedule for Spring 2017
Train Travel Tips
- Always validate your tickets (there is a 50 Euro fine).
- If the machine doesn't work find the conductor. He will validate your ticket. (Don't wait until he finds you!)
- Platforms can change, always listen to the announcements or check the displays.
- Platforms are short in Vernazza, and Riomaggiore. The train can stop in the tunnel and you might not be aware of the stop.
- IF you are waiting for a train, do not block the people getting off the train. Let them get off first.
- The monitors inside the train often display the wrong stop. Pay attention and count the stops. From La Spezia: First stop Riomaggiore. Second Stop: Manarola. Third stop: Corniglia. (not all train stop here) Forth stop: Vernazza. Fifth stop: Monterosso.
- When checking the display, the departures are usually listed on the bottom. Do not confuse arrival times with departures. (common mistake).
- SOP means train-strike (they usually last from a few hours to a day) check the displays.
- RIT means "Delay" the minutes of delay will be displayed.
- Not all train stop in every village. Some only stop in Riomaggiore and Monterosso. Check the train schedule available at the information office, or look at the yellow departure schedules in the glass cases on the walls of the train station.
Cinque Terre Day pass
The cost is 16 Euro and half the trails are closed. The regular train ticket is 4 Euro per stop.
There is pick-pocketing going on in the trains. Be smart! Avoid wearing expensive jewelry and watches. Keep your wallet out of reach.